Saturday, July 21, 2007

EXCITING NEWS!!!!

I (Melanie) got a letter from London yesterday stating that I GOT INTO THE PROGRAM!!!!!!! I am going to back up here though for a moment because some of you might not have a clue what I"m talking about.

I found this program online a few months back that would really equip me to do overseas missions. I know how to be a nurse here in North America but in 3rd world countries things are very different. This program is for nurses and covers things like malaria, parasites, birthing babies, wound care, community health and a many other things!

I applied, and we prayed, that if that was where God wanted us, everything would work out. I actually didn't get into the program right away- I was put on a wait-list (8th down) and so we waited. I got an e-mail yesterday and we are really excited.

The program starts Sept 12th and is one day a week (Wednesdays) for the whole day. We are hoping to do some sight seeing around Europe during the days that I have off!!! Steve may look into a Bible course or something but he may just be a hooligan!!!

We would make all of this possible by living with contacts that we have over there and possibly house sitting for some of it (christian-housesitters.com)! We have been saving for a Europe trip since we got married so that will help!

Anyways, more to come later- the week here at camp was good but we aren't quite energized yet for our second outtrip starting on Sunday!!!!

1 comment:

The McFarlane Family said...

Congratulations on London! We are soooo excited for you. I'm so glad that everything is working out. Last week we saw an Interstate Battery Truck and said "We miss Mel & Steve" at the exact same time. We miss you guys so much!